Reflections on the Tony awards:
- Rosie Perez needs to be prevented from speaking ever again.
- The two men that were that couple that wrote Hairspray were totally cute.
- Harvey Fierstein makes my ears hurt.
- Why do awards shows always try to make the host sing? Just cut to the awards
- Classy opening with Billy Joel in Times Square.
- I hope I look as good as Chita when I’m her age.
- What the hell is Meg Ryan huffing?
- Hugh Jackman with long hair looks like Kevin Sorbo.
- Jane Krakowski is still on my girlfriend list.
- Is it just me or was Twyla Tharp already up and walking before her name
- The speech for Long Day’s Journey was really abrasive (I want to go see
that play now – I saw a production of it in Straford, Canada years ago and
bawled my eyes out)
- “Rose’s Turn” remains one of my favorite cathartic songs along
- “At last, my arm is complete again.” (Sweeney Todd)
- “This Is the Hour” (Miss Saigon)
- And the finale of Assassins
Leave a Reply