Amy Goodman: Ask the IRS for a War Tax Refund

Via Alternet:

The Internal Revenue Service is giving a rebate this year on a telephone war tax. This is one of those line items at the bottom of your phone bill. The tax was instituted in 1898 to help the United States pay for the Spanish-American War. Individuals and businesses have one chance to obtain a refund on this telephone war tax, by asking for it in their 2006 income tax returns.



, ,




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *