Won’t it be a strange turn of events when they reverse don’t ask, don’t tell just so they can meet their quotas? Bullets from Howard Dean’s essay.
- The U.S. Army recently place 300 new recruiters in the field.
- To meet this year’s quota for enlistees, the Army has sped up the induction of “delayed entry” recruits, meaning they are already borrowing from next year’s quotas in order to meet this year’s numbers.
- Reservists are now being called away for longer periods.
- The armed forces are now in the process of calling up members of the Individual Ready Reserves.
- In 2003, General Eric Shinseki testified before Congress that an additional 50,000 troops would be needed beyond what the Bush administration said would be necessary to stabilize Iraq after the invasion. The President ignored him.
- We are moving troops away from the Demilitarized Zone in Korea and reducing the number of troops on the Korean Peninsula at a time when North Korea poses more of a danger to the U.S. – not less.
Leave a Reply