Kringles and Bubblers

Ron confirms that in Wisconsin Danish pastries are called Kringles and water fountains are called Bubblers.

Is he pulling my leg again?

Please confirm.

This entry was posted in Ron on by .

About Andy

Gay Hoosier Taurus INFJ ex-playwright pianist gymbunny published author in San Francisco. Tw · Fb

3 thoughts on “Kringles and Bubblers

  1. Brigitte

    As you know, I am not from Wisconsin. However, I have heard my Wisconsin bred friends use both of these terms.

  2. gunmetalblue

    LIES!!! All Lies! *looks around all paranoid like*

    Hehehe… YA I grew up with teachers calling those things bubblers, it was the way it bubbled up the water. but I dont think many students called them that, I always called it a water fountain myself.
    As for danish pastries? I dont know.. There is a german or norwegian pastry called a kringle… not sure how many kringles there are… Kris Kringle wasnt a wisconsinite 😉

  3. Chad

    I don’t remember anything called “a Kringle”, but it may be more of a north-WI thing. N and S WI are almost separate states.

    Bubblers are a *kind* of drinking fountain. They have them placed all around the WI Capitol bld. It looks like a birdbath with a big metal nipple in the center which sends a spout of water straight up for an inch or so. Just like a bidet, actually. You put your mouth right down in it, and you don’t suck up any air like you do with the more common drinking fountain. It’s a lot easier to drink from, but there is a remote chance that someone else’s spit could recirculate.

Comments are closed.